Many in stock
- The Potato Clock uses a pair of ordinary spuds to power a digital clock.
- This kit includes a digital clock, wires and prongs; two potatoes are all that's needed to create a working clock.
- This kit is ideal for young science enthusiasts, and offers a valuable lesson on the transformative power of green science.
- Detailed assembly instructions included.
- No batteries required.
- Challenge your child's imagination with 4M toys and kits.
- 4M educational toys cover a wide range of educational subjects and include science kits, arts and crafts kits, robotics kits, and more.
- The metal strips and potato make a simple battery that creates electricity to operate to operate the clock. Each potato works as a device called a electrochemical cell. It converts the chemical energy stored in the metal strips intoelectrucal energy.Two potatoes are needed to make electricity strong enough to run the clock.
- A cell works because of the chemical properties of the metals inside (in this case the copper and zinc).The different properties cause tiny particles charged with electricity .
(called ions) to move between the the two strips of metal. This flow is an electric current. The potato contains the particles that allow the current to flow,but it stops the metals touching. Electric current also flows along the wires between the zinc and copper strips and the clock. This current makes the clock work.
- Put some soft drink into the pots provided. Insert the copper and zice plates into the pots, as shown in the diagram.
- Taking care that the metal pates do not touch each other. The clock should now start to work.
- You may experiment with different liquids like salt water, fruit juices. Or fruit like lemon, orange, tomato etc. The fun is unlimited.
- Cup Size: 2.17 inch x 2.17 inch x 2.68 inch (5.5 cm x 5.5 cm x 6.8 cm)
Clock Size: 2.64 inch x 1.26 inch x 0.47 inch (6.7 cm x 3.2 cm x 1.2 cm)
Age: 8 years and up
What happened to the days of playing with toys that made you think, use your hands, and expand your creativity? With Wonder Gears, you can give your kids that hands-on experience once again.
Wonder Gears aims to bring purpose back to toys, allowing parents to interact with children, and have fun building, creating, and imagining. Our educational building blocks and gears games help your kids expand, develop, and strengthen a variety of skills, unlike many electronic toys on the market. Our product is not only fun, but it gives you a way to spend time with your child, in a more productive and interactive way.
We Build Inspiration
Nothing compares to one-on-one time, making memories and building critical skills your children need throughout life. Each Wonder Gears toy comes with 82 pieces, per box, making creative building something anyone at any age can enjoy. Build a castle, a car garage, or doll house. The possibilities are endless when you have Wonder gear. If you want to build bigger structures, all you have to do is add more to your collection!
With more than six years of industry experience, Wonder Gear knows what it takes to put a smile on your kid's face. Our toys are thoroughly tested for safety and enjoyment for kids ages three and older. We also support our local kid's hospitals and day care with regular toy donations, making fun something everyone has access to.
Time to put the iPad away - lets play! Come into one of our six locations throughout Vegas, or shop online now!